Thursday, June 23, 2011

Chapter 2: Culture and the Media

Chapter 2: Culture and the Media is a chapter I could relate to because I myself use lots of technology in my culture for example; my cell phone, iPod, computer. I really liked how they pointed out how much we use technology but didn’t do it in a way like most and say that it’s a bad thing but just that we could apply those skills in several situations. Media is a big part of my generation’s culture it’s how we communicate, it’s how we know what’s going on around us, and it’s a big part of our lives. Another part of the chapter that really interested me was how they said that culture was learned, taken for granted, and symbolic that just shows you how important culture is to our lives.
http://oneseventeenmedia.wordpress.com/category/education/         this shows how being “Screenagers” (Page 26 in the text) is looking good for our futures
http://youtu.be/a3EeDb-wGF8 video that goes with the chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment